I can’t remember ever really introducing myself properly in this space, and it got me thinking about who I am as a person outside of my mental illnesses, and so here I am sitting in front of my laptop thinking about the things that make me, well, me.
I’m not predisposed to a cheery disposition. I wasn’t blessed with optimism, and I am positively non-bubbly. I like my men how I like my comedy; sharp, smart and borderline offensive.
My life is like an open book, my spine is cracked but I smell fucking amazing.
I am quite small, 5″2 in total so you won’t catch me reaching for the top shelf in the supermarket, but if you need someone with small hands for a fiddly bit of D.I.Y. then I’m your girl. As well as being weeny I am quite a chunky bird, although I do have pretty good bone structure for a fat lass.
I guess I should mention hobbies right? I don’t really have any to be honest. I do have a few things that I am vaguely enthusiastic about. I love writing, but that shouldn’t really come as a shock considering you are currently reading this right now. I do have a particular fondness for writing reviews of things, especially places I visit. Google tells me I am in the top 10% of pub reviewers which is quite the accolade (well I think it is).
Music is incredibly important to me, which is something everyone says really, so enough about that one. Mainly I just enjoy being creative when I feel well enough.
Anyway, Google tells me that this list is just perfect for getting to know people so I will answer these in the hopes that they will be illuminating.
- When is your birthday? I won’t say the day but it is in December. A positively festive birthday for a positively un-festive person.
- What is your favorite animal? This is a hella tricky question because I love all of them. I guess dogs would be at the top. It is easier to tell you which animals make me feel sick and they are frogs.
- What do you do for a living? Very little. Are you in school? Thankfully no.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? I would go to Costa Rica purely for the sloth sanctuary.
- What was your favorite school subject? English
- Do you have a small or big family? Small I guess? Average?
- What genres of music do you like best? Mainly 90’s music, but I like music from all genres.
- How do you like to spend your free time? Wasting it.
- Are you a morning or a night person? Constantly exhausted pigeon.
- What is your favorite food? Pizza
- What is your favorite movie or TV show? Bob’s Burgers
- What is your favorite childhood memory? Hmm can’t think of anything specific right now, soz.
- Who is your celebrity crush? Sam Rockwell
- Do you speak more than one language? Nope. Hopelessly English.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Poor manners.
- What is your favorite holiday? Don’t really know.
- Where did you grow up? West Midlands
- What is the skill that you would like to learn? I’d love to be more tech savvy.
- What do you value most in a friend? Loyalty over everything else, but I do love someone who I can debate big ideas with.
- What is your biggest irrational fear? Small spaces. I have extreme claustrophobia, but I guess that is quite rational? Irrational is my fear of spontaneous human combustion. Or is it?!
So that’s that then. My apologies for the – turns out – very dull list. If you have any questions that you would like me to answer for you, please let me know, and I will answer if I want to.
Enjoy the rest of the day folks
Love to you all